Peace of the Earth Farm (POTE)

Peace of the Earth Farm cultivates vegetables, herbs, and flowers using organic methods (not yet certified). We value fresh food, high crop diversity, community interaction, health of the "agro-ecosystem", and sustainable, organic methods of farming. We believe that our local community will benefit greatly from the cycle of local dollars to local food.
You can contribute to our farm by pledging your support for our kickstarter campaign

CSA...

Our CSA program is currently on hold while we rehabilitate our soil. If you would like to support Peace of the Earth Farm, please pledge your support for our kickstarter campaign.

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Determined a "theme" for this blog

After many nights of trying to figure out just what I was going to write about and invite the world to read, I finally figured it out today. I had to ask myself a question..."What can I put out to the World that is actually interesting?" Well, Hillary (my wife) and I decided a few weeks ago that we were going to try our hands at organic, sustainable, small scale farming. Over the course of the life of this little farm, which is yet to be named, I will fill you in on all the happenings, provide lessons learned and give helpful tips that Hillary imparts on me. Hillary is the expert of this operation--she studied sustainable agriculture at Evergreen State College under the tutelage of some incredible people. I am the braun, but am completely happy in my role. I'm learning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment